A. [to be somewhat inclined to do something; used to say that you would like to do something but you probably will not do it; কোনকিছু করার বেশ ইচ্ছা থাকা (যদিও নিশ্চিত না করার ব্যাপারে)]
1. I have half a mind to drag management out here so they can see for themselves.
= ব্যবস্থাপনা-কর্তৃপক্ষকে এখানে টেনে নিয়ে আসার খুব ইচ্ছা আমার যাতে তারা স্বচক্ষে/নিজে দেখতে পারে।
2. I have a good mind to come with you tomorrow.
= আগামীকাল তোমার সাথে আসার বেশ ইচ্ছা আছে আমার।
3. He had half a mind to ask for his money back.
= তার বেশ ইচ্ছা ছিল তার টাকা ফেরত চাওয়ার।
B. [used for threatening to do something, when you probably will not do it; (ভয় দেখাতে) কোনকিছু করবো কিন্তু (যদিও হয়তো করবো না।)]
1. I have half a mind to tell your mother about this.
= তোমার মাকে এ ব্যাপারে বলে দিব কিন্তু!
2. I have a good mind to go without him if he's going to be such an idiot!
= যদি এমন হয় যে সে এরকম নির্বোধের মত আচরণ করছে, আমি তাকে ছেড়েই যাব কিন্তু!
3. I’ve a good mind to tell your parents what you’ve done!
= তুমি যা করেছো তা তোমার বাবা-মাকে বলে দিবো কিন্তু!
= তুমি যা করেছো তা তোমার বাবা-মাকে বলে দিবো কিন্তু!
No comments:
Post a Comment