If anything = বরং বলা যায়/বলতে পারি
1. It’s warm enough here in Dhaka. A little (bit) too warm, if anything. (এখানে ঢাকায় যথেষ্ট গরম। বরং বলা যায়, খানিকটা বেশিই গরম।
2. But his father said, not a bit; hardened if anything. (কিন্তু তার বাবা একটুও কিছু বলেনি। বরং বলা যায় শক্ত হয়েছিল।
3. Living together didn't harm our friendship. If anything it strengthened it. (একসাথে থাকাটা আমাদের বন্ধুত্বের ক্ষতি করেনি। বরং বলতে পারি, মজবুত করেছিল।)
4. She’s not thin — if anything she’s a little plump. (সে পাতলা নয়, বরং বলা যায় খানিকটা হৃষ্টপুষ্ট।)
Exercise: অনুবাদ করুন।
1. I never had to clean up after him. If anything, he did most of the cleaning.
2. And yet if anything, I need more kindness from you.
3. Hasan didn’t seem too disappointed at losing. If anything, he seemed relieved that it was all over.
That helps!
ReplyDelete😍
DeleteGreat lessons! I appreciate effort. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeletehttps://tuneyourenglish.com
I appreciate *your* effort.
Delete😍
DeleteThanks for appreciating my work. ☺
ReplyDelete