Be better/worse off (doing something) = to be in a better/worse situation [আরো/অধিকতর ভাল/মন্দ (অবস্থায়) থাকা]
------------------------------------------------------------
1. We'd all be better off if we were in Bagura. (বগুড়ায় থাকলে আমরা সবাই আরো ভাল থাকতাম।)
2. I think she’s better off without him. (আমার মনে হয় তাকে ছাড়া সে আরো ভাল আছে।)
3. He’d be better off starting with something simpler. (আরো সহজ কিছু নিয়ে শুরু করলে সে বেশি ভাল থাকত।)
4. If you quit school, you will be worse off. (স্কুল ছাড়লে আরো মন্দ অবস্থায় থাকবে।)
5. If you keep borrowing money to pay off your debts, you’ll be even worse off than you are now. (ঋণ শোধ করতে টাকা ধার করতে থাকলে এখনকার চেয়ে আরো বেশি খারাপ অবস্থায় পড়বে।)
Exercise: Translate into Bangla.
1. I know I'd be better off in a warmer climate.
2. Are you better off than you were four years ago?
3. We're worse off now than if we had done nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment