☞ Essential verbs 03
Allege [T] অভিযোগ করা: The two men allege (that) the police forced them to make false confessions.
Allocate [T] বরাদ্দ করা: A large sum has been allocated for buying new books for the library.
Allow [T] অনুমতি দেওয়া: You're not allowed to talk during the exam.
Alter [T] বদলানো/ পরিবর্তন করা: We've had to alter some of our plans.
Alternate [I, T] পালা বা পর্যায়ক্রমে সংঘটিত / আবর্তিত করা/ হওয়া: Her mood alternated between happiness and despair.
Amount to — পরিমাণে মোট হওয়া: Her earnings are said to amount to £300,000 per annum. (per annum = each year)
Amuse [T] কাউকে আনন্দ দেওয়া: This story doesn't amuse me.
Analyse [T] বিশ্লেষণ করা: We need to analyse what went wrong.
Announce [T] ঘোষণা করা: They announced the death of their mother in the local paper.
Annoy [T] বিরক্ত / জ্বালাতন করা: It annoys me that she just expects us to help.
Answer [T] উত্তর দেওয়া: I can't answer (you) without more detailed information.
Anticipate [T] প্রত্যাশা করা: We don't anticipate any trouble.
Apologize [I] (ভুল বা অন্যায়ের জন্য) দুঃখ-প্রকাশ করা: I apologize for losing my temper.
Appeal [I] আবেদন করা: Farmers have appealed to the government for help.
Appeal [I] (আদালতে) সিদ্ধান্ত পুনর্বিচারের প্রার্থনা করা: She's not happy with the decision and plans to appeal.
Appeal [I] আকর্ষণীয় হওয়া: I think what appeals to me about her paintings is the colours he uses.
Appear [I] উপস্থিত হওয়া: He suddenly appeared in the doorway.
Appear [I] মনে হওয়া/ প্রতীয়মান হওয়া: Things aren't always what they appear to be.
Apply [I] আবেদন করা: She applied for a job with the local newspaper.
Apply [I] প্রযোজ্য হওয়া: Do the same rules apply to part-time workers?
Apply [T] প্রয়োগ করা: The new technology was applied to farming.
No comments:
Post a Comment