Thursday, 10 June 2021

Essential verbs 01

 ☞ Essential verbs 01

[T = transitive; I = intransitive; sb = somebody; sth = something]

Abandon [T] পরিত্যাগ করা: We had to abandon the car. 

Abolish [T] রদ, বাতিল বা লোপ করা: This tax should be abolished.

Absorb [T] শুষে নেওয়া: Plants absorb carbon dioxide.

Accelerate [I, T] দ্রুততর করা/হওয়া, ত্বরান্বিত করা: They use special chemicals to accelerate the growth of crops.

Accept [T] গ্রহণ করা, মেনে নেওয়া: She's decided not to accept the job.

Access [T] to open a computer file, (কম্পিউটারে ফাইল) খোলা: I accessed all the files but did not get it. 

Accompany [T] সঙ্গে থাকা বা যাওয়া, সঙ্গী হওয়া: The salmon was accompanied by ( = served with) a fresh green salad.

Accomplish [T] সম্পন্ন করা: The students accomplished the task in less than ten minutes.

Take into account /Take account of — বিবেচনায় আনা/ গ্রাহ্য করা: I hope my teacher will take into account the fact that I was ill just before the exams when she marks my paper.

Account (to sb) for sth — কৈফিয়ত দেওয়া: Can you account for your absence last Friday?

Accumulate [T] জড়ো করা/ জমানো: I seem to have accumulated a lot of books.

Accuse [T] অভিযুক্ত করা: He's been accused of robbery /murder.

Ache [I] একটানা ব্যথা অনুভব করা: My head/tooth/back aches. I'm aching all over.

Acknowledge [T] মেনে নেওয়া/ সত্যতা স্বীকার করা: You must acknowledge the truth of her argument.

Acquire [T] অর্জন করা/পাওয়া: I have recently acquired a taste for olives. 

Act [I] কাজ করা: She acted without thinking.

Act [I, T] অভিনয় করা: Have you ever acted in a play before? Tisha was chosen to act the part of the lawyer in the film. 

Adapt [I, T] মানিয়ে নেওয়া/ খাপ খাওয়ানো: The children are finding it hard to adapt to the new school. 


No comments:

Post a Comment