☞ Essential verbs 08
Care [I,T] গ্রাহ্য করা; গুরুত্ব দেওয়া: I don't care what he thinks. She cares deeply about environmental issues.
Carry [T] বহন করা; সঙ্গে নিয়ে যাওয়া: These books are too heavy for me to carry.
Carve [T] খোদাই করা: He carved his name on a tree.
Cash [T] চেক, হুন্ডি ই. ভাঙানো: Would you cash a cheque for me?
Cast [T] (অভিনয়ের জন্য) মনোনীত করা: He was often cast as the villain.
Catch [T] ধরা: He caught a cold on holiday. I managed to catch the glass before it hit the ground. He always catches the 10.30 a.m. train to work.
Cause [T] কারণ হওয়া; ঘটানো: The bright light caused her to blink.
Cease [I,T] বিরত হওয়া; থামা/থামানো: Nobody knows when the rain will cease. You never cease to amaze me! The company ceased trading in June. The newspaper has been forced to cease publication.
Celebrate [T] উদযাপন/পালন করা: How do people celebrate New Year in your country?
Challenge [T] কোনো বিষয় প্রমাণ করার জন্য আহ্বান জানানো; চ্যালিঞ্জ করা; বিশ্বাসযোগ্যতা নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তোলা: This discovery challenges traditional beliefs.
Change [I, T] পরিবর্তন করা/পরিবর্তিত হওয়া; বদলানো: If you change your mind about coming tonight, just give me a call.
Change [T] খুচরা করা: Could you change a 10 taka note (for/into two fives), please?
Charge [T] দাম চাওয়া: How much/What did they charge for the repairs?
Charge [T] অভিযুক্ত করা: Opposition MPs charged the minister with neglecting her duty.
Charge [T] অতর্কিতে আক্রমণ করা: The violence began when the police charged (at) a crowd of demonstrators.
Charge [T] দায়িত্ব দেওয়া: The committee has been charged with the development of sport in the region.
Charge [I,T] চার্জ দেওয়া/হওয়া: Before use, the battery must be charged.
Charge [I] ছোটা: I've been charging about/around all day and I'm exhausted. He came charging ( = ছুটে এল) up the stairs to tell me the good news.
Chase [I,T] তাড়া করা; পিছনে ছোটা: She was chasing (after) a man who had snatched her bag.
Chat [I] খোশগল্প করা: She spends hours on the phone chatting to her friends.
Cheat [T] প্রতারণা করা; ঠকানো: I suspect he cheats the taxman.
Check [T] চেক/পরীক্ষা/নিয়ন্ত্রণ করা: Check the oil and water before setting off.
Cheer [I] হর্ষধ্বনি করা: We all cheered as the team came on to the field.
Chew [T] চিবানো/চর্বণ করা: This meat is difficult to chew.
Choose [I, T] বেছে নেওয়া; বাছাই/পছন্দ করা: She had to choose between the two men in her life.
Chop [T] (ধারালো যন্ত্রপাতি দিয়ে) টুকরো টুকরো করা: He was chopping logs for firewood.
Claim [T] দাবি করা; দৃঢ়ভাবে ঘোষণা করা: Scientists are claiming a major breakthrough in the fight against cancer. The police said that if no one claims the watch, you can keep it.
Clap [I,T] হাততালি দেওয়া: The audience clapped in time to the music.
Clarify [T] স্পষ্ট করা; বুঝিয়ে বলা: Could you clarify the first point please? I don't understand it completely.
Clean [T] পরিষ্কার করা: I'm going to clean the windows this morning.
Clear [I,T] পরিষ্কার/খালি করা/হওয়া: It took several hours to clear the road after the accident. The sky cleared after the storm.
Clear [T] (দোষ, অভিযোগ ই. থেকে) মুক্ত করা: She was cleared of all charges against her.
No comments:
Post a Comment