☞ Essential verbs 10
Concentrate [I, T] মনোযোগ দেওয়া: I can't concentrate on my work with all that noise. You should concentrate your efforts on passing these exams.
Concern [T] উদ্বিগ্ন করা: The state of my father's health concerns us greatly.
Concern [T] সংশ্লিষ্ট/জড়িত করা/হওয়া: The story concerns a freedom fighter who was brutally killed by Al-Badar. [concern = be about]
Conclude [T] সমাপ্ত করা: Before I conclude, I'd like to thank you all for coming.
Condemn [T] নিন্দা করা: The film was condemned for its sexism (লিঙ্গবৈষম্য).
Conduct [T] পথ দেখিয়ে নিয়ে যাওয়া; পরিচালনা করা: The experiments were conducted by scientists in New York.
Confess [I, T] (দোষ, পাপ ই.) স্বীকার করা: He confessed to the rape.
Confine [T] আবদ্ধ রাখা/ অবরুদ্ধ করা: Let's confine our discussion to the matter in question, please! She was confined to bed with the flu.
Confirm [T] নিশ্চিত করা: The report has not been confirmed.
Confront [T] সম্মুখীন করা/হওয়া: Troops were confronted by an angry mob.
Confuse [T] তালগোল পাকানো/ গুলিয়ে ফেলা: You are confusing me with my sister, she's the one studying drama.
Congratulate [T] অভিনন্দন জানানো: I congratulated them all on their results.
Connect [I, T] সংযোগ স্থাপন করা; যুক্ত করা বা হওয়া: Has the electricity/gas been connected in your new place yet?
Consider [T] বিবেচনা করা: Don't make any decisions before you've considered the matter.
Consist [I] গঠিত হওয়া: The team consists of four Europeans and two Americans.
Console [T] সান্ত্বনা দেওয়া; সমবেদনা জানানো: Nothing could console him when his father died.
Conspire [I] চক্রান্ত/ষড়যন্ত্র করা: They were accused of conspiring against the king.
Constitute [L] বিবেচিত হওয়া (to be considered as): The rise in crime constitutes a threat to society.
Constitute [L, T] গঠন করা: Women constitute about 10% of Parliament. The committee was constituted in 1974 by an Act of Parliament.
Construct [T] নির্মাণ করা: The walls are constructed of concrete.
Consult [I, T] পরামর্শ করা: If the symptoms get worse, consult (with) your doctor.
Consume [T] ব্যবহার করে শেষ করা; ভোগ করা; খেয়ে ফেলা: The electricity industry consumes large ammounts of fossil fuels.
Contact [T] যোগাযোগ করা (বিশেষতঃ ফোন বা চিঠির সাহায্যে): You can contact me on/at 01788889016.
Contain [T] ধারণ করা: How much liquid do you think this bottle contains?
Contemplate [I, T] চিন্তা-ভাবনা করা/ গভীরভাবে চিন্তা করা: I'm contemplating going abroad for a year.
Continue [I, T] চলতে থাকা; চালিয়ে যাওয়া: Do you intend to continue (with) your studies?
Contradict [T] পরস্পরবিরোধী হওয়া; বৈপরীত্য সৃষ্টি করা: The two stories contradict each other.
Contrast [T] বৈপরীত্য বা পার্থক্য দেখানো: The poem contrasts youth and age.
No comments:
Post a Comment